Isocheck Isoblock & Isobar is a high performing sound reduction system designed to offer an acoustically more robust alternative to a standard resilient bar with similar low profile (space saving) features.
Attaching the isolation block to ceiling joists, timber and metal studs simply and easily secures the Isobar furring channel and decouples the gypsum board from the structure.
The resulting construction provides a resilient isolation solution to enhance or construct separating and partition walls and ceilings.
The Isoblock & Isobar system is suitable for enhancing separating ceilings and walls and for low-cost, space saving ceilings and walls that provide superior noise control.
The Isocheck Isoblock & Isobar system comprises a vibration absorbing steel channel which is secured to studs and joists with isolation blocks.
Isocheck Isoblocks simply attach to ceiling joists, wall studs or masonry and easily secure the Isobar furring channel.
The system can withstand greater loads than standard systems to provide peace of mind for developers and dwellers.
Isocheck Isobar size 78mm wide x 26mm deep x 1800mm long
Isocheck Isoblock size 35mm wide x 28mm deep x 138mm long
- Weight capacity of 45 - 60lbs (maximum)
- Economical, easy to install system. Attaches simply to ceiling joists, wall studs and masonry
- One or more layers of gypsum board are hung to this channel using good construction practices
- Error free installation of standard drywall furring channel; maximizes available occupied space
- The isocheck Isoblock ensures that installers are unable to inadvertently bridge the ‘resilient’ leg of the channel into the joist or stud
- Most suitable for treating Conversions (described as change of use within Approved Document E)
- Most suitable for treating New Build (masonry, timber or steel frame)
- Most suitable for treating Refurbishments
Pre Completion Testing/ Robust Details:
- Suitable for E1 New Build applications
- Suitable for E1 Change of use applications
Not subject to Pre Completion Testing:
- Suitable for Domestic Noise applications and vibration issues (where stated)
Please note that the Isobar and Isoblock are to be purchased together, you will find our Isoblock in RELATED PRODUCTS section on the Isobar page.
For further information on this product please do not hesitate to contact the BOSS Acoustics team.
Have a question
Ask the sound experts?
Please fill in the form below to contact our Customer Support Team.