SoundStrata Barrier Mat 5kg/m2 and 10kg/m2 weight-enhanced Barrier Mats are primarily used for floor/ wall upgrades to improve airborne sound reduction and are ideal for upgrades when looking to improve airborne sound reduction with minimal increase in height and depth within floors and walls.
This product can provide airborne, low frequency damping properties in metal roofs.
SoundStrata Barrier Mat 5kg/m2 and 10kg/m2 are constructed of high-density barium sulphate loaded thermoplastic polymer, plasticized with phthalate esters and containing mineral fillers.
They are black in colour, bitumen free, ecologically neutral and recyclable.
SoundStrata Barrier Mat 5kg/ m2 - 1200mm x 5.0m x 2mm
SoundStrata Barrier Mat 5kg/ m2 - 2000mm x 1.2m x 2mm
SoundStrata Barrier Mat 10kg/ m2 - 1200mm x 2.0m x 4mm
- Most suitable for treating Conversions (described as change of use within Approved Document E)
- Most suitable for treating Refurbishments
- Most suitable for treating Listed Buildings requiring minimal structural change
Pre Completion Testing/ Robust Details:
- Suitable for E1 Change of use applications - Floors
Not subject to Pre Completion Testing:
- Suitable for Domestic Noise applications and vibration issues (where stated) - Walls
This product is recyclable post-use.
Please contact the BOSS Acoustics team for more information.
Have a question
Ask the sound experts?
Please fill in the form below to contact our Customer Support Team.